BoardVitals NCLEX Review Prep Course Review 2021: [Expert Analysis]
BoardVitals NCLEX deserves a high rating because of affordability + content quality combination. If there’s a downside, it’s mainly the lack of online and live instruction.
With their 100% pass guarantee and extensive course features, BoardVitals NCLEX certainly offers an NCLEX prep course with effectiveness. It also gives you an option to ask a clinician. This makes up for the lack of online and/or live instruction.
We give them a perfect rating in terms of the price because of how affordable the pricing options are. For under $150, you’ll have access to any of their plans that differ mostly in terms of the access length and other prime features.
Ease of Use
Whether it’s the website or the study platform itself, we praise BoardVitals NCLEX for its user-friendliness. The instructions are understandable and the options are not distracting.
Due to their feedback system and progress tracker, BoardVitals Review has attained a significantly high rating from nursing students and nursing practitioners alike.
We are supported by our readers. When you buy through links on our site (at no extra cost to you), we may earn commissions from our partners. Learn more
About BoardVitals and Their NCLEX Prep Course?
Founded by Andrea Paul MD (Yale) and Dam Lambert (HBS), BoardVitals is one of the boldest ed-tech companies in healthcare. It takes pride in its most up-to-date training ecosystem and unique approach to data collection. It is a company known to help practitioners prepare for their initial certification and licensing exams, continuing professional education, maintenance of certification (MOC) requirements, and covering over 50 specialty areas and exams.
How does BoardVitals maintain its updated content? BoardVitals allows clinicians who have used their courses to rate and provide feedback about their experience with the company. This feedback system allows them to update and remove content based on the actual experiences of the clinicians.
But what really sets BoardVitals NCLEX prep course apart from other NCLEX prep courses? Let’s find out below.
What Makes This Prep Course Unique?
There are a lot of aspects of BoardVitals NCLEX Review that makes it unique from other NCLEX prep courses.
- They donate a vaccine to a child in need for every new customer who enrolls with them. This is according to their #GiveVax program (1) that allows you to contribute to their social responsibility undertaking by simply being an enrolled customer.
- They offer a Buy Now, Start Later option. This feature allows you to purchase either their Prepare or Master plans and delay your start date up to six months.
- They give you an option to ask help from medical experts whenever you are having confusions about a certain content topic. However, this option is available for only their Prepare and Master plans.
- They offer a group discount program. This feature allows your group to save up to 30% off BoardVitals NCLEX Prep RN question banks. Plus, the bigger the group, the bigger the savings you can get. Not only that, when you become a group captain, you also get a FREE BoardVitals NCLEX question bank that you can use.
These are just some of the features that make BoardVitals NCLEX unique.
Curriculum Overview & Effectiveness
When you enroll in BoardVitals NCLEX, you will gain access to their over 3,500 practice questions with each one provided with a detailed explanation. The explanations are also provided for both correct and incorrect responses, which makes their coverage pretty comprehensive.
Furthermore, the NCLEX prep course gives you a Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) platform that simulates conditions comparable to an actual NCLEX exam. The board-style questions are also written by nursing educators and nursing practitioners that make their question bank closer to the content of the real NCLEX.
Below are the 4 NCLEX plans on offer, including a free trial option.
- Master (6 Months) – This is the most expensive plan as it covers all features in BoardVitals Review, including but not limited to over 3,500 practice questions, detailed explanations, targeted NCLEX exam blueprint, CAT platform, 24/7 access, vaccine donation program, ask a clinician, 100% pass guarantee, and buy now, start later. All these features you can utilize for six months.
- Prepare (3 Months) – This plan is less expensive than the Master plan because it gives you access to all the same features the Master plan has, but for only three months.
- Cram (1 Month) – Aside from giving you access for only one month, this plan is also the least expensive plan because it has the same features EXCEPT for the 100% pass guarantee, ask a clinician, and buy now, start later.
A free trial is also a great option for those who want to get a feel on what BoardVitals NCLEX can do for them at zero cost. The features in the free trial, of course, are very limited.
Despite all the differences in the length of access and types of features, every BoardVitals NCLEX Review plan is worth spending on for the following reasons:
- You can customize the practice tests by subjects and even organize by body systems, practice types, or client needs. You can also organize the distractor answers with matching images and graphics.
- You can choose to have a timed practice in order to simulate the real NCLEX conditions.
- You can track your progress with advanced analytics and reports and compare it against the national average.
More so, your access to every plan allows you to pick the amount and type of questions, so you can study at your own pace. There are also questions that are written in the alternate item formats like hotspot items, audio questions, and exhibit questions.
Course Pricing Options
For less than $150, you can already get access to their Master plan, which is still considered as cheaper than any other prep courses with complete features.
Their cheapest plan that you can access for 1 month is just under $100. If I were to prepare for my NCLEX, I would definitely choose their Master plan because there’s no huge price difference between the price options.
Faced with time constraints, however, consider either the Cram or Prepare plans with access length of one month or three months, respectively.
Lastly, they give you a free subscription if you don’t pass the NCLEX exam. The free subscription is based on the plan you originally purchased, and you will be provided with access as many times as you need to in order to pass the board exam.
Platform’s Ease of Use
The user-friendly platform has a good balance of texts and images, which is one of the things you need to look for in the best NCLEX review course. Also, the images vary from illustrations to realistic ones, depending on what type makes sense to the content.
BoardVitals NCLEX also has a mobile app that makes their courses very convenient to access 24/7 compared to other prep apps for NCLEX. The app is also optimized for both Android and iOS devices.
Is BoardVitals NCLEX Prep Course a Reputable Online Prep Course? (Not A Scam)
Indeed, BoardVitals NCLEX is a reputable prep course for aspiring nurses as it has been used by several nursing students already.
Aside from this, the company itself has been reviewed by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). This accreditation given to BoardVitals proves that the services they provide are topnotch and relevant to the needs of medical practitioners. It also shows that the content found on BoardVitals review is evidence-based, independent of commercial influence, and evaluated for its effectiveness.
BoardVitals NCLEX Real Unbiased Text Testimonials:
Are you curious about what clinicians and nursing students have to say about BoardVitals NCLEX Prep RN? Here are some of the testimonials:
Final Verdict & Recommendation
I am giving BoardVitals NCLEX with a 4.6 out of 5.
Their affordable prices, quality content materials, and unique features certainly make them stand out from the other NCLEX prep course providers.
Their lack of online and live instructions, however, is a downside because studying NCLEX test content is tedious so you need an expert’s guide. Nonetheless, I consider it a minor downside because the “Ask a Clinician” feature in the Prepare and Master plans make up for this. It’s also an affordable test prep course.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The 3,500+ practice questions are accessible for the full subscriptions only, namely Cram, Prepare, and Master Plans. In the free trial option, there are only selected questions to give you a feel about the styles and types of questions used.