7Sage LSAT Prep Course Review 2020: Is It WORTH Your Money?
Ultimately, 7Sage is a decent test prep for the LSAT even though it is not as comprehensive as other test prep courses. Given the affordable price, however, this is acceptable.
Although its course is not at par with the expensive ones yet, it still does an amazing job of getting you equipped for the test day. 7Sage has several materials to aid you when you self-study. It also uses a diagnostic evaluation so you are on track.
The pricing is the best part about 7Sage because it specifically targets students who are on a budget. If you’re looking for a more affordable option, this course comes highly recommended.
Ease of use
The video lessons are purposely short so they are easier to digest, making 7Sage ultimately the best self-paced course for LSAT. It also gives you the option to study online, but you have to print out some materials first in order to do so.
It may be one of the cheapest LSAT prep courses, but it has already gained significant attention from students for its bold claim of an 11-point increase guarantee.
We are supported by our readers. When you buy through links on our site (at no extra cost to you), we may earn commissions from our partners. Learn more
Most LSAT test prep courses are very expensive. Take Kaplan, Khan Academy, and Blueprint, for example. Due to their high prices, a lot of aspiring law students are struggling to enroll in a premium-quality course.
However, as I have reviewed numerous test prep courses, I have come across the 7Sage LSAT review which is surprisingly a quality and affordable LSAT test prep provider. Not only that, but it also boasts an average of 11-point-increase when you use the course model.
Let me give you a quick run-down of its pros and cons, as one of the best LSAT prep courses.
The Ideal User of 7Sage LSAT Review
7Sage works on the principle of liberating education, which includes leveling the playing field in LSAT for those who can afford the expensive high-quality courses and those who cannot due to limited budget.
7Sage was founded by two law graduates from Harvard, one of whom is also a founder of the PreProBono organization (1) dedicated to helping the poor and minority students who want to be in law school. With an impressive company background, you’ll know that 7Sage is certainly the test prep platform for those who want to prep with quality without spending a huge amount of money.
Sadly, those who wish to attend in-person classes or have their own tutor wouldn’t find 7Sage LSAT as an ideal provider. If you’re one of them, you should check out Blueprint that offers in-person classes and private tutors.
7Sage LSAT Prep's Course Content
- Average of 11-point-increase – Actual student feedback from social media platforms show how possible it is to attain at least an 11-point-increase on your LSAT exam using 7Sage.
- Over 50 easy-to-digest HD quality videos – These videos were intentionally created to make learning as fun and engaging as possible. These are kept brief and concise to ensure that information retention is better, and each one comes with explanations. You can customize these videos by controlling the speed and marking where you left off or taking notes on the app.
- Flashcards with a fun design – These flashcards will help you learn as much as you can even when you’re merely doing a quick review.
- Over 7,500 questions with explanations – Like the videos, the practice questions also include explanations so you will know the reasoning behind every correct and incorrect answer.
- More than 90 prep tests – You are given access to 95 LSAT prep tests that are all useful enough for you to practice your pacing. This will ensure you take the LSAT with utmost confidence
- Printable practice questions – This is beneficial for those who want to study even when they are offline. The PDF files already come with your course, and all you need to do is print them out for your convenience.
- Customized problem sets – Included on your course access is a built-in problem set generator that allows you to come up with problem sets of different types and difficulty levels.
- Personalized study plan – I find a personalized study plan a must for any test prep with no tutors or instructors, so you will be able to track your schedule and progress. The courses in 7Sage allow you to study on times that fit your personal schedule.
- Full LSAT analytics – There are several test strategies that will be shared with you as you go along with your course. There is also a diagnostic evaluation that informs you of your strengths and weaknesses. Of course, 7Sage will help you straighten those weaknesses out.
- Discussion board – Another thing I find unique with 7Sage Prep Review is its community of students who post daily about their questions and insights about LSAT and law school admission in general. Basically, it’s like peer support whenever you need help.
- Mobile app – You can access all the same features through its mobile app, including the full-featured exam proctor. The only downside about the app is that it’s not available in Google Play.
Aside from those features, 7Sage also assimilates different multiple learning methods, which are as follows:
- Memory method – Use this to ace questions that are heavy in reading comprehension. This trains you on how to read consciously and retain as much information as possible.
- Foolproof method – It’s a method used to help you achieve a perfect score on logic games by helping you determine inferences on those games.
- Blind review method – It’s a unique method for you to master questions that require much of your reasoning skills.
ULTIMATE + MONTH BY MONTH – All the features I have mentioned are accessible in this course. However, it’s an option for those who prefer monthly payments instead of upfront payments, which apparently is its second-course option.
Price: Around $70 per month
ULTIMATE + 12 MONTHS PREPAID – Like the monthly ultimate, this course also has similar features, except that it would require you to pay the upfront cost. When you choose this one, you will be able to save around $200 in the long run. Plus, it gives you a discount offer for the Admissions Consulting (2) which is an extended offer for those who need help when it comes to strategic admission planning.
Price: Around $600 per year
You can reach out to its student support only via email. The support team will respond to you within 24 to 48 hours unless your query falls on a holiday, then it will take much longer.
You can also refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) section to find answers to common queries.
Here is a collection of real student testimonials about the 7Sage LSAT course review prep. Read them so you can decide and evaluate the prep course better.
The above testimonial is from four years ago but is useful enough to give you an insight on what 7Sage can possibly do for your test prep journey.
Below are some of the most recent student reviews about 7Sage.
Alternatives to 7Sage LSAT Review
Ultimately, 7Sage is great and I can recommend it to anyone, except to those students who want an in-person class or who prefer a private tutor. In that case, I can recommend the following alternative providers.
- Blueprint (3) – If you need topnotch instructors who are on the 98th to 99th percentile, then you better choose this one. Plus, its overall content is fun and exciting. There is also a massive variety of course options from on-demand online and live online to in-classroom and private tutorials.
- Kaplan (4) – Another option if you need either an in-classroom or private tutorial is Kaplan. Its expert instructors take the lead while you make the most out of your customizable practice – an LSAT test prep that is uniquely yours.
- Khan Academy (5) – The moment you begin this course, you will be prompted to a practice plan set-up that guides you in the process so you’ll know what to expect on your entire course plan. Basically, the diagnostic test will also help you gauge your strengths and weaknesses. Also, it will help you decide on what course option you should choose as if it’s an in-classroom or private tutorial.
While these three alternatives are great if you need a private tutor or an in-person class, yet anyone with a limited budget will back off because of the expensive pricing. Therefore, if you’re looking for an affordable package without compromising course quality, then you should go for the 7Sage LSAT review.
7Sage deserves a 4 out of 5.
Overall, I recommend it for anyone looking to prep with both quality and affordability. With the immensely positive feedback from various students, I can also say that 7Sage even suits anyone who isn’t cost-sensitive.
Your only concern before deciding to purchase any of its courses should be whether or not you’re looking for a private tutor or an in-classroom session. If you do, then simply opt-out from 7Sage because it only provides study materials for self-study and no tutors.
The upside is that the course quality is enough to make you feel like you have a private tutor. With 7Sage LSAT, you can study in the comforts of your home with a study plan that fits your daily schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you have an option not to bundle the LSAT Prep Plus by simply ticking off the checkbox when you are about to click the purchase tab.
Everything is online – videos, flashcards, and text lessons. However, you have the option to print out the materials and study offline.